Thursday, November 10, 2016

Back to Stavropol

October 17, 2016

Привет всем!

This week has been all kinds of fun, even though pretty much all of our appointments ended up cancelling on us last minute! It's all good though, we were able to keep ourselves pretty busy with whatever free time we had! We went and dropped off some flowers to a recent convert that's been struggling with some things recently, baked cookies and dropped them off to some less-actives and active members, and started sifting through all of our records to get to know some of the inactive members a little better! 

I've sort of been putting off writing this in my weekly e-mail home for a while now, but last transfer the branch in Stavropol got shut down due to our only priesthood leader moving to Moscow. It was really sad to see those saints have the privilege of weekly partaking of the sacrament taken from them, but the Lord knows what he's doing. This Saturday me and my companion were able to take an 8 hour night train down to Stavropol, rent out a small hotel room and hold a sacrament meeting for them there! While only 4 saints were able to be in attendance, the spirit was tangible as we sang a few hymns and bore our testimonies. I really am so grateful to have been born in a place where the church was already established, and to have enjoyed all the blessings that come as a result of that. I just realized that I'm running a little low on time, so I'm probably going to cut it off right here, but just know that I love you all, and hope you're all doing well! 

Here's a few pictures as well, because I don't really send pictures out in these mass emails very often! 



Until next time,

Старейшина Кэмптон

Pictures:


 We made Borscht this week
 In Stavropol
Getting ready for winter - my new coat!



No comments:

Post a Comment